Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Getting Ready for the Party

I'm having fun getting ready for the Firetruck Birthday Party.  First step, adding the letters to these red plastic buckets I picked up at a local dollar store. 

The yellow vinyl was bought at a recent scrapbooking convention.  So I used my Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge from CTMH for the letters.  I added a layer of clear (transparent) contact paper bought at Wal-Mart on my Cricut mat, then the layer of the yellow vinyl on top of the contact paper.  Then turned the blade to the highest setting (6) and it cut the letters beautifully!

I had so much fun, I then had to decorate the smaller buckets by adding a star and the number 2. 

When we are ready for the party, I plan to add colored tissue paper to each bucket before I put the food in them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment